Friday, September 17, 2010

Setting up the Ganesh Sculpture


Finally around 8:30 the statue of Ganesh was placed onto the float. I had expected it to be the same one that I saw in the temple, but it wasn't. Instead of a plump figure, this one had slender legs and four golden hands. Imagine how many flowers it must have taken to form the outer decorations! 
Note the Sri Ganesh restaurant to the left. I've eaten at the very local eatery a few times. This night, I was treated to some Tamil coffee by an elderly gentleman. Local people are so kind!
A cloth was placed over Ganesh's face until the start of the festivity when the priest came onto the float. Considering the loud music and the vibrations it caused, I'm surprised I got a clear photo!

Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Love your art, love your travel photos!!

-Natalie