Monday, July 08, 2013

A Bit of Mali

Beaded Dogon Woman - Oil
by Melissa Enderle
One of my projects this summer involved going through and scanning photos I had taken while living in Mali, West Africa. During the time I had taught there (2000-2002), I did not have a digital camera. So glad that changed, as I have taken a LOT of photos since then! Some of the photos made it into the Shutterfly book I made on Mali, just as I had created for Tunisia, Serbia, India, and my travels in Myanmar and Cambodia.

My time in Mali was also before I began blogging. Only those who were part of my email distribution list received my writings. Reading through some of them, I felt that perhaps a wider audience might be interested in some of my observations and discoveries while teaching and traveling in this poor, but fascinating country.

Stay tuned for more!


No comments: